headimage

Year of the Duck – Quacking Good Sponsored Walk

Around 90 people, a dozen dogs and a duck turned up for Hythe & Waterside Rotary’s sponsored walk on the Beaulieu Estate.

A pleasant break in the unsettled weather saw the walkers (and waddler) set off in good spirits to follow either a 5k or 8k route that took them through open meadows, secluded woodlands and some really picturesque scenery following paths which most people do not normally have access to, but which were marshalled for the event by members of Hythe Rotary.

Sponsored Walk  2012After completing the walk, everyone received certificates and enjoyed some well-earned refreshments served by Hythe & District Inner Wheel.
75% of the sponsorship money raised will go to charities nominated by the walkers with the remaining 25% going to charities supported by Hythe Rotary.

Among the charities chosen by the walkers were:

The club was delighted to welcome the Mayor of Southampton who went along to wish the Headway group good luck, and the new District 1110 Governor Mary Pike who, along with her husband PDG David Pike, took an active part in marshalling and helping during the day.

But star of the show, undoubtedly, was Crispie Duck who participated in the walk along with his surrogate family, the Seabrights from Holbury, and was sponsored for around £500.

trainers

Contact Us

Rotary Club of Hythe & Waterside
meet on Monday at 19.30
No meeting on Bank Holiday Mondays

Solent Suite,
Dibden Golf Centre,
Main Road
Dibden,
Southampton,
Hampshire
SO45 5TB
Telephone: 023 8084 5060
Email: secretary@hytherotary.org.uk
Web address: www.hytherotary.org.uk

The Rotary Club of Hythe and Waterside Trust Fund is a registered charity.
Charity Number 1032430

Google Map

Social Sharing

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestTweet about this on Twitter

Social Sharing

Social Sharing

Walk with Rotary are not responsible for the content of external internet sites listed on this site.

Copyright ©2012 - 2017  Walk With Rotary - Hythe & Waterside Rotary   All rights reserved.     Site Designed and Maintained by TLC Online